Saturday, April 23, 2011

JTHM

Reading this book was a very different experience. I was reading it fast and comprehending what was going on. I usually am not fond of violent books or ones dealing with torture, but this one was done in such a way that it was more comical than gruesome. I loved Johnny's character and personality. He was so ridiculous it was hard not to sympathize with him. Johnny's relationship with Squee was one of my favorite parts of the novel. It was so one sided, but it was funny to see Johnny's affections towards him in contrast to his hatred of humanity. 

The comic was so twisted and ridiculous it was hard not to like. He never got caught and I guess it is because he was killing  people that were forgotten. These people were evil or hated in some way and others wish they could kill them. Johnny was a bit insane or schizophrenic I think. Talking to a nail, bunny and doughboys. Or painting the wall with blood so that giant monster wouldn't come out. He was funny and it would be a shame to waste such perfect insanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment