Saturday, April 23, 2011

Heavy Metal

There was very little story line, just a common theme. There is no real plot in any of the stories, there is only a common theme of scifi and surrealism. But what I liked about the comic was the style of artwork that seemed just as chaotic as it's written content. I feel like this style was ahead of it's time and its random story-telling with bright, flashy colors, violence, and sex. I definitely feel that there is a certain level of creativity invested in these works, but it's nothing that should be taken too seriously. I think the creators sometimes get a kick out of producing a simple story and having critics invest all this energy into giving it a greater purpose. I see Heavy Metal simply as the artist's attempt to create an ideal world or situation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment